Ladies' Parlor Lecture Club

Dublin Core

Title

Ladies' Parlor Lecture Club

Description

Parlor Lecture Club Building, Fresno, circa 1910. The building was constructed in 1909 and situated at 1350 Van Ness, near the southeast corner of Van Ness and Tuolumne streets. Published by Edward H. Mitchell of San Francisco, a large-scale postcard manufacturer. Postmarked 1913 on verso. The Parlor Lecture Club was founded by a group of Fresno women in 1894. The name derived from the fact its first meetings were held in the parlor of Fresno’s Hughes Hotel. It was a civic betterment organization that taught home economics, sponsored charities and helped In historic preservation efforts. The PLC clubhouse was razed in 1962 and replaced with a modern office building.
Addressed to Emma Johnson, 217 Yarnell St., Kane, Pa. Postmarked NOV 13, 1913.

Publisher

Edward H. Mitchell - San Francisco, Cal.

Date

1913

Rights

Copyright status unknown. This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, its reproduction may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. This work is accessible for purposes of education and research. Transmission or reproduction of works protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.

Format

1 postcard : b&w ; 8.9 x 14 cm.

Language

en

Type

Still Image

Identifier

FPC_00116

Files

00116.1-Fresno-Ladies Parlor Lecture Club.jpg
00116.2-Fresno-Ladies Parlor Lecture Club.jpg

Citation

“Ladies' Parlor Lecture Club,” San Joaquin Valley Library System Digital Collections, accessed October 28, 2020, http://digital.sjvls.org/document/10446.

Output Formats