Old Court House 1884 Fresno California

Dublin Core

Title

Old Court House 1884 Fresno California

Subject

Fresno County Courthouse -- Photographs.; Courthouses -- California -- Fresno County -- 19th century -- Photographs.; Historic buildings -- California -- Fresno County -- 19th century -- Photographs.; Public buildings -- California -- Fresno County -- 19th century -- Photographs; Fresno (Calif.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- 19th century -- Photographs.

Description

View of the Fresno County Courthouse. Foundation work started on 1 October 1874 and completed on 19 August 1875. Board of Supervisors met here for the first time on 6 September 1875. In 1878 about four acres of land around the courthouse were landscaped with the first planting of trees. Landscaping was completed in 1888. The building was demolished in 1966.

Source

1 Photographic print (postcard) :b&w ;9 x 14 cm.

Publisher

San Joaquin Valley Library System

Date

1884

Contributor

Fresno County Public Library

Rights

This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the "fair use" clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the Fresno County Public Library, Heritage Center, 2420 Mariposa St, Fresno, CA 93721. Phone: 559-600-6230 HeritageCenter@fresnolibrary.org

Relation

SJV Photo Heritage

Format

image/jpeg

Language

en

Type

Image

Identifier

frp0131

Coverage

1884

Files

frp0131a.jpg

Citation

“Old Court House 1884 Fresno California,” San Joaquin Valley Library System Digital Collections, accessed June 12, 2024, http://digital.sjvls.org/document/1778.

Output Formats