Site of Town of Murray, Kings County

kia0089a.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

Site of Town of Murray, Kings County

Subject

David Murray; Development; Real Estate; Wildflowers; Kings County; Murray

Description

Group of men and women standing in field of lupines and other wildflowers. David Murray, developer and "leader in the introduction of olive culture to the neighborhood", on left. Murray located 9 miles northeast of Avenal. Murray post office established in 1920, discontinued in 1929, reeastablished in 1938, and discontinued in 1944. (Durham, David L. California's Geographic Names. Clovis, CA: Word Dancer Press, 1998. 1080.)

Creator

Powell, Hanford

Source

1 Photograph : b + w ; 8.75 x 6.75 cm.

Publisher

San Joaquin Valley Library System

Date

1918

Contributor

Kings County Library

Rights

This image can be used for research or educational purposes only. To obtain a digital copy of the original photograph, please contact Kings County Library at 401 N. Douty Street, Hanford, CA 93230, telephone: 559-582-0261.

Relation

Kings County Library

Format

image/jpeg

Language

en

Type

Image

Identifier

kia0089

Coverage

1918

Citation

Powell, Hanford, “Site of Town of Murray, Kings County,” San Joaquin Valley Library System Digital Collections, accessed April 18, 2019, http://digital.sjvls.org/document/641.