Red Banks Elementary School Clovis California

Dublin Core

Title

Red Banks Elementary School Clovis California

Subject

Red Banks Elementary School (Clovis, Calif.) -- Photographs.; Historic buildings -- California -- Fresno County -- 20th century -- Photographs.; School buildings -- California -- Fresno County -- 20th century -- Photographs.; Schools -- California -- Fresno County -- 20th century -- Photographs.; Clovis (Calif.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Photographs.

Description

Picture of Red Banks Elementary School, located at the corner of Herndon and Del Rey avenues, near Clovis, Calif. Built in 1921, this was the second campus built by the Red Banks District in roughly the same location. Craftsman architectural elements. The school was abandoned in 1944 and its later disposition is unknown. The Red Banks District was created in 1874 and merged with the Jefferson District in 1945 to form the Jefferson Union District, which was in turn incorporated into the Clovis Unified School District in 1959.

Source

1 Photographic print :b&w ;6 x 8 cm.

Publisher

San Joaquin Valley Library System

Date

ca 1925

Contributor

Fresno County Public Library

Rights

This image is being made available for educational and research purposes only, under the “fair use” clause of the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17 § 107 U.S.C.) Further questions regarding the image or its use may be directed to the Fresno County Public Library, Heritage Center, 2420 Mariposa St, Fresno, CA 93721. Phone: 559-600-6230 HeritageCenter@fresnolibrary.org

Relation

Fresno County Public Library. California History and Genealogy Room.
SJV Photo Heritage

Format

image/jpeg

Language

en

Type

Image

Identifier

frs0068

Coverage

ca 1925

Files

frs0068a.jpg

Citation

“Red Banks Elementary School Clovis California,” San Joaquin Valley Library System Digital Collections, accessed April 12, 2024, http://digital.sjvls.org/document/1888.

Output Formats