Hotel Johnson was located on the northeast corner of Main and Church streets, in Visalia, CA. This photo was taken in 1939. The Johnson was built by J. Johnson in 1917 on the site of the old Visalia House. It was remodeled in 1938.
These men are standing in front of the Visalia Delta office on N. Church Street between Main and Center streets in Visalia, CA, sometime during the 1890s. Shown are J.J. Macm.illaw, M. C. Butz, G. W. Stewart, and Harry S. Stuart.
The first city jail in Visalia, CA, was built in 1873 on the north side of Block 21, the original town site of Visalia, on the north side of the Tulare County Courthouse. About 1876 the building was moved to the west half of Lot 7, Block 16, and…
Located at the southeast corner of Mill and Church streets in Visalia, CA, this building housed the Visalia Drug Store, Vallee's Sample Room, and the Masonic Hall (2nd floor). A bookstore is to the right.
John Swanson's cabin, built of oak logs in the late 1850s, was located on Visalia's East Mineral King Avenue. This structure now can be seen at the Tulare County Museum at Mooney Grove County Park in Visalia, CA.