Browse Items (33 total)

  • Tags: Tulare(Calif.) -- History -- Photographs

Highway 99 in Tulare circa 1950

tps0235a.jpg
Highway 99 after the first Shell station was erected.

Tulare's Highway 99 in the 1940s

tps0234a.jpg
Highway 99 in Tulare near present-day Merritt and Blackstone Streets.

Yes, It snows in Tulare!

tps0227a.jpg
Tulare District Hospital on Merritt Avenue in Tulare during 1962 winter's snow.

Peacock Drive Inn restaurant

tps0224a.jpg
Peacock restaurant was located at 412 South K Street in Tulare.

Aerial view of Tulare circa 1940

tps0220a.jpg
Serpa farm before the town of Tulare developed in the area around Merritt and Blackstone Streets.

Elmo R. Zumwalt at Fort Lewis

tpl0231a.jpg
Elmo R. Zumwalt as a captain at Fort Lewis, Washington.

Dean Stewart

tpl0194a.jpg
Dean Stewart, Class of '41.

Mrs. Whitman of Tulare

tpl0032a.jpg
Mrs. Whitman of F Street in Tulare.

Southern Pacific passenger depot

tpf0248a.jpg
Tulare's new passenger depot in 1914. Pictured left to right : J.E. Hutchinson, manager; D.L. Abercrombie, messenger; A.N. Peters, telegrapher.