Browse Items (24 total)

  • Collection: Hanford Carnegie Museum

Exterior of two-story wood frame school with teachers and students outside. School was located on Fourteenth Avenue near Hanford-Armona Road; it would now be between Walker Street and Hood Avenue on 14th Avenue. School District, predecessor of Armona…

Child swimming in irrigation canal.

Sam Hird's house being moved in downtown Hanford from Eighth Street to Bush and Irwin Streets. It was moved again in 1974 to North Eleventh Avenue.

Homecoming Parade Reviewing Stand with Governor Earl Warren among group. Civic Auditorium in background.

Native American group on platform of Southern Pacific railroad depot with wagons in background.

Exterior of Lacey Milling, brick mill building with sacks against walls. Built in 1916 to replace original wooden building that burned.

Scaffolding on side of 3-story masonry building as 4th floor is being added to Hanford Opera House. This wooden 4th-story burned in 1928 fire. Kutner-Goldstein department store on left and Artesia Hotel on right. Construction workers and equipment as…

Men in long coats and top hats standing by flag-decked wagon in front of Artesia Hotel on Irwin Street in Hanford. Horatio Lacey, owner of Lacey Milling, is second from left.

Lobby of Artesia Hotel located on the corner of Irwin and Sixth Streets in Hanford. Men seated around fountain and standing on stairs and at desk. African-American employees on balcony. Specter of man at top of stairs.

Original three-story brick Opera House with Keller's Pharmacy on corner of Seventh and Irwin Streets.
Output Formats

atom, csv, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2